Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Bliss

This weekend was one of the best weekends of my life...

On top of an excellent slumber party with some high school friends and a great bridal shower for my cousin, Daryl and I promised to love each other our whole lives long!!!!!!

A.K.A. - WE GOT ENGAGED!

On Friday Daryl took me to this gorgeous restaurant called The Le Mont which over looks the three rivers and highlights the skyline beautifully! We had a wonderful meal together just enjoying each other’s company and then we went down to Market Square.

Out of God’s kindness to us, it was Light Up Night in Pittsburgh where they have a bunch of fun activities downtown and light up Christmas trees and put off fire works. We rode up this incline to Mt. Washington and walked out onto an overlook to watch the fireworks.

When the fire works ended our overlook emptied out all except one girl who I didn’t even notice! This too was God’s kindness towards us because not only were the other overlooks around us still packed with people, the girl was able to take our picture afterwards! (Hee hee)

Daryl began by sharing some things with me and then he got down on one knee, took my hand in his and asked if I would marry him! I of course said yes and wow – the ring is beautiful! I feel prettier all the time!

But I don’t just love being engaged because I have a cool ring, I love being engaged because it makes our love for each other and our commitment to each other public and obvious. I literally have a seal of his love for me, much like I have the Holy Spirit as a seal of God’s love for me.

Pretty amazing how the love between a man and a woman can mirror the love between Christ and the church – and how I have already learned so much about God’s love for me through my relationship with Daryl. It is Christ in him that has so much captivated my heart and I can’t believe God’s kindness towards me in sending me a man who loves me so well and who I want to love so well, always. He is such a gift and I hope you all can meet him soon if you haven’t!

Thank you for sharing in our excitement with us!

More to come…

10 comments:

Baby Hancock said...

I almost cried just reading about it! So excited for you both! I love you!

Nina

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be happier for the two of you and I cried reading about your love story. Nathan and I are tuly blessed to have friends like you in our lives. It is easy to see how God is blessing you each and every day and I am looking forward to seeing all the other blessings and gifts he brings to your new life together. Congratulations!
p.s.... your ring is BEAUTIFUL

Sarah

Anonymous said...

My sweet Blaney, does this mean we should start calling each other "Byrer" and "Reynolds" now?! I know I am lucky enough to get to see you almost every day, but I wanted to leave you a note on here to remind you again how THRILLED Mark and I are for you two!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Congratulations to both of you.

Pam & Joe Kaehler

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lauren!

I didn't realize that you were dating someone and I'd love to hear that story as well! What an exciting time! Have a great time planning the wedding. Thanks for sending me the e-mail!

Love Jen

Anonymous said...

wow that is soooo awesome you must be like the happiest person alive that god gave you that gift see you at DV8 on wednesday
hey the ring is gorgeous!!!


Alex Kaehler
(from DV8)

cameron king said...

Hey there Lauren! Congrats. I've always been thankful for how you bring such joy to the staff environment, and I know you'll bring a lot of joy (like you already have) to Daryl's life. You look so beautifully happy!

Anonymous said...

hey girl it's katie weatherford (well not weatherford anymore) my last name is now wise i was married about four months ago.. It is amazing and even more so knowing that i was patient for the man God wanted for me... I'm so so excited for you and i wish you blessings on your upcoming marriage.. I sure do miss you and think back to our fun exciting times... I love you and that guy is truly blessed to have such an incredible woman!!! love, Katie

Anonymous said...

Lauren-
You are truly a blessing to me and I am so ecstatic that God (in His perfect timing)has blessed with you love. It truly is such a small word for something so powerful. I can't wait to meet Daryl and his brother (hehe). You are an adorable couple and by the way, your ring is gorgeous!

Much love,
Nichole

Ashley M said...

Lauren,

Congratulations on getting engaged! Your ring is beautiful and your love and excitment for Daryl is beautiful. Enjoy engagement, it goes by quickly!

Ashley McBride