Thursday, June 07, 2007

Kids

This picture was actually taken a long time ago, but it's one of my favorites.


It was taken just before I got married at a slumber party (aka surprise bridal shower) I was having with some of my dearest friends who I met through serving with Dv8 (the middle school ministry at CRC).

Paul said in 1 Thessalonians 2:8, "We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us."


Though I don't work directly with that ministry any more and see those girls far less frequently, they still have my heart. They became dear to me.


Elsewhere in Scripture Paul calls the people he leads in ministry, "my joy and my crown." How true that as I see them continue to follow Christ and reflect His glory just by being alive and believing in Him that they are my joy.


Keep pursuing Him girls. And while you're at it, no that you are a joy to me :) and I miss you. Can we hang out soon?????

(and maybe eat cake?)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awww Lauren i miss you so much...that was so much fun, thankyou so much for coming to say goodbye before we left!! I love you so much and am so glad that you are loving your life with Daryl, being married sounds like a lot of fun!I miss you!

Lauren said...

ABBY!!!!

I hope you are doing great! I miss you tons!

Traci says you may come visit soon. Is that true?!?!

Love and prayers!
Lauren