Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Georgia turns four!!!

Not that I'm biased or anything, but I'm pretty sure that upon marriage to Daryl I inherited one of the cutest nieces ever :)



Georgia is only four years old but already she shows traces of a true woman. She loves ice cream...


















And yet she is tough and adventurous. Look at the little climber!




One of my favorite aspects about Georgia though is that she seems to like me :) Isn't it funny how we all want to be loved?

I still laugh when I think about how her father, Quincy had to drag her off of me on the dance floor at my wedding kicking and screaming. Granted she thought I was a true princess that day because of my dress and tiara (I wonder what will happen when she finds out the truth...), it still made me feel special.

More special still when the last time Daryl called the house she said, "Where's Lauren? Can I talk to Lauren?"

The truth is we all want to be desired. Being in relationship with Daryl has helped me see that as well. Sure he loves that I clean the house, make him dinner, etc, but what delights him the most is when I take pleasure in him.

I often wonder if this is because we were created in the image of God and it is His desire that we delight in Him.

Jesus Himself said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment." Matthew 22:37-38.

Anyways, here's to Georgia. I love her with all my heart and am so thrilled to have her as family.

Thanks for loving me!



The whole fam

1 comment:

Niki said...

Oh my...she is seriously the cutest thing ever...lucky you to have such an adorable fan!