Saturday, September 08, 2007

I'm a baby Reynolds...



Yep, that's our little raspberry (literally, it's only about that big)!

As of today we are 8 weeks and 1 day pregnant!

God has been so kind to us and we are thankful for all the prayers that have gone into this little one as we had a slight scare in the beginning. We of course would love for you all to continue to pray for Baby Reynolds, not just for a healthy (and painless - yeah right) birth, but for the baby to grow up and glorify God like crazy! And of course for us to be good parents and love and train it well.

I promise we weren't trying for babies when I wrote the post about changing perspectives on babies. God was really just working on my heart, I believe, and now that we're pregnant, I can't wait to have the baby! We are so ecstatic!

On a side note, I thought I had successfully snuck out of bed this morning without waking my husband, and I was so thrilled - it's terribly embarrassing to have to confess that the real reason you awoke was because you are RAVISHINGLY hungry even though we had a great dinner and ice cream from Dairy Cream Corner last night. Much to my misfortune, about 2 minutes ago he came down to check on me! Oh well! :)

Anyways, "Every good and perfect gifts is from above, coming down from the Father of he heavenly lights who does not change like the shifting shadows." James 1:17

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that Ravishingly hungry feeling will only intensify! My advice.. try and eat at least something every 2 hours or so (like crackers, fruit, etc) and you'll have less problems with nausea later. :)

Chris and Meg said...

Congratulations girl on your new marriage and baby on the way. You'll be a great mom. I found your profile on here by accident. I just started my own blog.

Meg M.

Anonymous said...

Mike and I are so happy for you both. May God bless you during your pregnacy and may it be an experience that will bring you joy.
Love
Pam Swope

Baby Hancock said...

He. He. I've never been so hungry in my life as I was when I was pregnant! Love you and we're praying for you! What wonderful parents you will be!

Ashley M said...

Lauren-

Congrats! How wonderful! Can't wait to watch (read) you grow as your sweet baby does too! Praying for you.

Ashley

Niki said...

Congratulations! Keep us all posted...

Alise said...

Linked over here from the CRC website. What a great blog!

When I was pregnant with my girls, I was hungry for anything sweet, and with my boys, anything with MEAT in it. I don't remember ever being ravishingly hungry, just always hungry! ;-D

Congratulations on your pregnancy. May God grant you much peace during this time. Enjoy it -- this is a massive miracle that you get to house for the next 30-some-odd weeks!

~Alise