Sunday, December 30, 2007

Psalm 118:1

Psalm 118:1 says, "Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever."

It's not very often that we get public forums to thank the Lord as we are so often commanded and compelled to do, so today I'll use this blog to do so :) Then you have to respond with what you are thankful to the Lord for! :)

I am thankful to you, Father, for:

Redeeming me and for being a great Savior
Your patience with me and perseverance with me
Sending your Holy Spirit to guide and to teach me
Disciplining me and saving me from making more mistakes than I would have chosen
For redeeming my husband in a miraculous way and saving him for me :)
For giving me a great family
For providing so generously for me
For all the tools we have to grow - Bibles, books, study guides, friends, friends blogs, teachers, preachers, etc
For relaxation and for beauty
For a warm house with a great view
For friends and awesome memories
For meeting needs/desires through others - most recently for our plane tickets, for our awesome stand up freezer, the babies crib, maternity clothes, etc
That my mom loves our dog and is willing to take care of him while we're out of town
For a baby in my tummy!!!!! That's amazing
For making my dreams come true even better than I thought
For chocolate
For Christmas
For physical touch
For baby showers and bridal showers
Running vehicles
An eliptical machine
A husband who forgives quickly, is great at conversation, handsome, and fun
For game nights
For laughter
For days to work and days to sleep in
For our church and the family they have been
For food and water
For the ability to do good, to exercise self-control, and to love others
For my families health
For the ability to visit our families
Practical wisdom from others (regarding marriage, managing our home, recipes, pregnancy, raising children, etc)
Glory revealed in those around us

I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. What are you thankful for?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
I love reading your blog. God is incredibly awesome and you pointed out just a few incredible ways He is!
Right now I am thankful for a husband who doesn't mind eating dinner at 9pm sometimes...and also for getting the opportunity to go on little vavcations to Mountaineer bowl games!
Happy New Year!
Love,
Shanon

young wife&mom said...

God loving us despite who we are, health, Ben Caleb and Jack, babies sleeping thru the night, peanut butter, the living, active Word of God to teach us and guide us, a warm house, hot showers, friends, and family. and of course you!

Anonymous said...

Gosh Lauren. That is a lot to be thankful for . I really enjoyed reading that. God does bless us with more than we can imagine and I am also thankful that he is so patient with us and so willing to provide for us wisdom from making more mistakes that cause us heartache and pain and unwanted things in our lives.
In addition to that, I am thankful that he provides the willingness in us to do his good. That we cannot do these things on our own , but that he provides us with the strength and perseverance in order for us to do his good and perfect will.
Love,
Miranda

The Lumberjack said...

Thanks for reminding me of all there is to be thankful for! It's easy to complain, which is crazy because life in America gives us more opportunities than most would dream of. I am thankful to be on day shift. That my 2 legs still work. That the Turtle still runs. That I had a good Christmas & saw all of my family. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lauren,
This is Dana (from Liberty). I wanted to tell you that I love reading your insightful blogs. I really do get a lot out of what you write! I am glad that you have this blog so that I can read what you write and also so that I can keep in touch with you! I hope you and your hubby and baby are doing well! PS:do you have an email address that I can write to you?
Love,
Dana

Anonymous said...

oops...I forgot my email so that you can send me your email address.
soontobemrsfehnel@yahoo.com

Dana

Anonymous said...

What a great post, girl!
Let's see, after grace and forgiveness, right now I am grateful for the opportunity and the door that God opened for me to take my professional life in an entirely different direction than I ever anticipated.
That's all.
By the way, you look gorgeous in that picture.
Good blessings in the new year.
Kara A.

Baby Hancock said...

Yesterday I just couldn't get over how wonderfully God has surrounded me with mothers. I am so thankful for the countless women that encourage and inspire me as I am learning how to be a mom. God certainly filled the gap for me.