Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Psalm 121

"I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth."

- Psalm 121:1-2

I put this picture on here 1) because I love it (namely because I love those girls), and 2) because they are a few of the people that God has used lately to remind me of the truth that God is my help and that God is able and gracious and good and trustworthy! (I say a few because many, many of you have been used by God to show me those things).

Anyways, last week the Spirit recalled that passage to my mind at a very timely instance for me! Overwhelmed with my work week, preparing to leave to help with a retreat for the high school students on Friday morning, concerned I wouldn't get everything done for Daryl for Valentine's Day that I wanted, etc, etc, I was often anxious and overwhelmed.

God graciously used this verse to remind me that HE is my help and that when He helps out, it gets taken care of!

I confessed my sins of anxiety, unbelief, frustration, and complaining to God and determined to by His grace believe His promises that He would take care of me that week and things would come together for good!

Here are some of the ways I saw Him provide:
- I had an AWESOME Valentine's Day with my husband and while getting supplies together for the retreat had to make a stop right by his office and had time (amazingly) to stop in and drop off some balloons, candy and a card for him at his office
- I couldn't find the right size table linens we needed for a special tea we were doing for the girls on Friday night and lo and behold Jackson's Mill (where we were having the retreat) had already ordered them to have there for us!
- We left a little late to set up on Friday at Jackson's Mill, but the kids bus left late and gave us the perfect amount of time to have everything set up by the time they arrived!
- I ran to Uniontown to pick up a special order I had placed for the retreat and when I went to pay with the Church credit card they said, "Sorry, honey; cash only." I NEVER carry more than a couple bucks cash (I know, I know), but I just happened to have $17 in my random places in my vehicle (the order was $16.04).
- I got just enough sleep and didn't get sick! Whew hoo!
- I had friends (like above) praying for me and a great husband who went with me to help me at the retreat.

I could go on and on, but just wanted to give praise to God for being so kind as to reveal our hearts to us, to change those hearts, and to bless us immensly in the process. He is our help and He is able.

1 comment:

The Lumberjack said...

It is good to see the ways in which God does take care of our needs. I tend to forget or minimize some of the ways in which He provides for me. I like to think that I can do things on my own, when the truth is that God looks after me... and then some!