Monday, September 29, 2008

Daryl Posts!!!!


Okay, so Daryl got tagged by my brother Jarod, so here is his response (mainly because I've been dying to know how he'd respond, and I must say, I wasn't disappointed - especially in number 3, hee hee...I love him!)...

6 random things about myself:

1. My deepest desire is to delight more in God. I’ve learned many things about Him in my 8+ years as a Christian, but I LONG to delight in Him like the Psalmist (Psalm 37).
2. I love Mac computers, probably more than I should. I used to think they were useless toys, but now there are 3 (!) in our little house. At least we didn’t spend any of our own money on them.
3. I marvel at my wife every day. When I first saw her, I was amazed at how her love for God flowed out of her. Now I get to see that every day and I don’t get used to it. By the way, she’s also smart and beautiful. God is truly generous.
4. I love taking care of our lawn. I want it to be perfectly green and lush, without blemish ☺. Of course, it’s not, partly because I won’t spend the time to make it that way, and partly because I don’t know how. I also love trees. I recently bought a field guide on identifying trees. That probably sounds pathetically geeky, but oh well.
5. I love teaching and writing papers, but I wish I could focus on one at a time so I could do them as well as I possibly could. In fact, I don’t like to do things unless I can do them really well. It might sound wise, but it’s really a manifestation of pride.
6. I miss my Doberman, Simon. He was an incredibly loving, smart, and loyal companion. I hope we get another one soon.

3 comments:

young wife&mom said...

Daryl-
Ben and I love trees and are always trying to identify them..in fact we bought a field guide this summer..someday we can all go on a hike and have a quiz! i agree with #3! i love your wife too.

Anonymous said...

Good ones. Sounds like you are getting another dog...better get a swiffer and couch cover!

Nathan & Sarah said...

#5 sounds just like Nathan, if he can't do something to the best of his ability, he'd rather not do it at all. Thanks for the post Daryl, oh and the article in the WVU engineering magazine about you is very nice. (we just got it on Mon.)