Thursday, August 31, 2006

Organic Milk Tastes...

Different.

That's what we discovered today around the lunch table. How organic milk is different from regular milk, I'm unsure, but it must be, because it tasted so.

Such a difference reminded me of the difference that is supposed to be seen in my life. If I'm living out of my intimate relationship with God through Christ, there should be a noticeable difference in me, just like there was a noticeable difference in my milk today.

And that difference should be love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control.

I'll have to be more careful not to dilute myself with busy-ness and to do lists, but rather to sit and know God. I want to taste different too, and I can, by His power.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a tasty idea! I like organic milk. It tastes like milk is supposed to taste.

When we are walking in the spirit, we taste like we are supposed to taste too.

Good stuff!

The Lumberjack said...

Love the insights! You are a good friend & I look forward to more insights every 3 months... ha ha ha. See you at HHG!

Anonymous said...

Hey...I just realized that I bought organic skim milk to replace the milk that was running out at the apt. I guess you're glad you're at the McClymonds for the week. :) Love ya La, janine

Unknown said...

can't wait until there is an update on this blog.

Looking forward to reading what God is feeding you!

Anonymous said...

Did you check the date on the milk? Maybe that's why it tastes "different".
Of course you'd have to rework the whole analogy if that is the case.

"Dear God, I taste like spoiled milk this week and I don't smell so great either. Oops, I just became yogurt."
Well, we do have "yogurt" moments along with those "organic" ones.
Bored and can't sleep.