Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Easter Playlist


Here are some of the songs we have compiled for our Easter playlist (most all discuss the death AND resurrection of Christ):

Marvelous Light - Charlie Hall
Mystery - Charlie Hall
Revelation Song - Philips, Craig and Dean
Hosanna - Paul Baloche
My Savior Lives - New Life Worship
Before the Throne of God Above -
For All You've Done - Hillsong
The Power of the Cross -
Hallelujah, What A Savior - Sovereign Grace Music
Beautiful Savior - Casting Crowns
You Led Me To The Cross - Matt Redmann
In Christ Alone -
Jesus Messiah - Chris Tomlin
Jesus Paid It All - Kristin Stanfill
Oh For A Thousand Tongues To Sing - David Crowder
This Fathomless Love - Sovereign Grace Music
Gospel Song - Sovereign Grace Music
Mighty Is The Power of the Cross - Chris Tomlin

Some of these songs are done by multiple, and I mean multiple, artists so you can always find your favorite! We have so versions many of some of them, I didn't even list an artist, but in case you haven't heard of the others, I put our favorites :)

We would also love input if you have some that you'll be adding to your playlist, or that just discuss the glories of the gospel in general. We're hoping the truths in these songs will focus our hearts again on Christ.

Again, I also hope these songs will eventually find themselves into our kids hearts. After all, Anna has "learned" more from music than from my everyday conversations at times! Just last night she sang to Nadia, "Jesus loves you this I know, for the Bible tells me so, little Nadia wants to play, for the Bible tells me so." Apparently mixing Rain, Rain Go Away and Jesus Loves Me, but still precious to a mother's ears :)

"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O LORD, God of hosts." (Jer. 15:16)

No comments: