Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just a few words from Anna...

Wanted to post a little humor from our darling eldest daughter...

The other day while at her Grandma's she apparently wanted a cookie. When Grandma told her "no" Anna replied, "Grandma, you must obey."

Anna was asking what it meant to be married the other week. After the best on the spot explanation for a 21 month old I could muster I said, "Which boy would you like to marry?" I then began listing some boys she knows just for fun. She said "no, no, no" until we got to Caleb. :) But then I said, "What about Jackson (her favorite boy to "call on the phone")? She said, "No, Caleb," and kept playing. About a minute later she looked over and said, "Maybe Jackson, too."

At lunch yesterday Anna was passing gas. I smiled at her and asked if she was going poopy in her diaper. She looked down in sheer surprise, eyes wide and said, "No poopies in my diaper mommy, there's birdies in there!" I laughed (she seemed to think this was true) and we continued our meal. She passed more gas - multiple times in a row - and looked down and said, "Wow! More birdies in there!"

While we are on the subject of bodily functions (sorry Mom), we also just ordered her a potty because we will most likely be starting potty training soon - we'll let you know, we aren't in a huge hurry at our house. When the potty arrived from diapers.com Anna was checking out the box and on it was a picture of a girl beside the potty. She thought it was her friend "Gracie" who is a couple years older than her. Trying to be encouraging about the potty I said, "Yes, Gracie goes to the bathroom on a potty. She doesn't have to use diapers anymore." Gracie also has a younger brother who is in diapers (younger than Anna). That night at dinner she plainly said, "Gracie goes to the potty but Jackson STILL wears diapers."

Today my mom was teaching Anna to hula - my mom is great with the girls. Anna said, "You're shaking pretty grandma."

After dinner at our house last night Anna brought my dad a Bible off our book shelf and proudly announced that she was going to read the Bible. My dad asked if it was all about Jesus. "No, it's about God," she said.

We love her!

More Easter ideas to come...

No comments: