Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Keyless

Daryl went out of town this week for a conference and oddly enough both sets of my car keys are with him, under the passengers seat of his car.

Who does that?

This just serves as another obvious sign that I need to do better at keeping order in my life, which requires some slowing down.

I didn't know that they they were in his car until yesterday so I spent Sunday night into early Monday morning searching. When I realized that all hopes of finding them in my home were gone, I decided to sleep in, cancel my 11am meeting that I had scheduled on my day off and...continue to sleep.

I got up around 12:30 which is craziness for me, watched Family Feud, prayed, journaled, read, and prayed some more...

I haven't felt so good in months!

Some times less stuff means less stress. It was one of the most relaxing days I have ever spent.

Oh how I appreciate the sovereignty of God. Truely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could get a nose ring--a gold hoop--and hang a spare key from it.
Hey, that may actually be a good idea! I am always on a scavenger hunt for my keys, too. It could be a new trend. Then your keys would always be "right under your nose!"
Oh no, here come the pun police.

Unknown said...

hey,

That's wonderful. And I called you on that most relaxing day of your life. I feel special knowing that you were willing and able.

I had a similar experience this past weekend. I've felt a little overwhlemed lately, and I was able to just chill out a little bit.

It's awesome to have an extended time to connect undistracetedly with the Creator of the universe.